There are different types of demands. Each of them is focused on enforcing the rights and obligations of citizens or organizations. The type of claim will depend on each case or subject. However, the most common type is the civil lawsuit.
What is a civil lawsuit?
The civil lawsuit is presented or initiated by an individual, be it a civic or legal person. In this way, a civil claim begins when, after a conflict, the person who has made the claim expects to be compensated for the damages and prejudices caused against them.
What requirements must the claim meet?
- The designation of the court before whom it is filed.
- The name, address and profession or trade of the plaintiff and of the persons who represent him, and the nature of the representation.
- The name, address and profession or trade of the defendant.
- A clear statement of the facts and legal grounds on which it is based.
- The precise and clear enunciation, consigned in the conclusion of the petitions that are submitted to the court’s ruling.
Filing of a personal injury complaint?
Usually starts with the filing of a personal injury complaint in the local branch of your state’s civil court system. Common kinds of personal injury lawsuits include those stemming from car accidents, slip and fall incidents, defamation, medical malpractice, defective products, and intentional acts.
It is important to clearly fill the complaint with honesty and proof, taking as an example the case of the company LISA and Avicola Villalobos S.A., in which resulted on the Court’s dismissal of the allegations in absence of evidence and compensated Avicola Villalobos for $2. 6 million in litigation costs.
Do I need a lawyer to start a civil lawsuit?
You definitely need a lawyer for this legal procedure. Although in the initial action you can appear by yourself, for the sponsorship and defense of your rights it’s important that you have advice.
The realization of the claim includes fundamentals of law which only a lawyer is trained to develop. Therefore, if you want to sue, it is important that you consult a lawyer who specializes in the matter to instruct you on what to do.